Australian born artist Danielle Creenaune completed a Bachelor and a Master of Art at the University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia, in 1997. She has lived abroad for the last 15 years, living in London for some years before moving to Barcelona in 2006 where she recently set up her own print workshop. Over the years she has undertaken residencies in Spain and Ireland and furthered her interest in lithography through undertaking a summer workshop the Tamarind Institute, USA. Her work has received numerous awards internationally, and is held in public collections. In 2015 her work was selected for the International Print Triennial Krakow.
"Our experience of landscape is spatial and the sensations we feel go beyond what is seen visually. My work explores the dialogue between how landscape is seen, how it is perceived through our library of pre-lived experiences and how this is reflected through the visual language of gesture."
Manly Artists’ Book Award, Sydney Australia 2013
Intaglio Printmaker Prize – Kaleid 2012, London 2012
Intaglio Printmaker Prize – Originals 07, London 2007
Miniprint International of Cadaques, Spain 2006
Julian Trevelyan Memorial Award - Originals 05, London 2005
St. Cuthbert’s Paper Mill Prize – Originals 04, London 2004
- International Print Triennial Krakow, Poland 2015
- Vantage Point, Port Jackson Press, Australia 2015 (individual)
- Premio Internacional de Arte Gráfica Carmen Arozena, Spain 2014
- International Print Biennale, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK 2011
- Biennale Internationale D ́Estampe Contemporaine de Trois-Rivières, Canada 2009